Baked Chicken Tacos. are a healthy diet staple for a lot of people. It’s a quick and easy way to get a satisfying meal, while staying on your budget. It’s also a very convenient food item to prepare, since you can eat it on the go. With this in mind, a lot of makeover recipes have been created to capitalize on its versatility. This is why a healthy baked chicken taco recipe is always welcome on any diet.
One of the most common bakes recipes for chicken involves coating the chicken with a toasted cheddar cheese mixture. Other popular choices include grilled chicken, steak, and even leftover pizza meat. The key to making these delicious recipes actually lies in the kind of bread used.
While many people prefer to bake the chicken in their own flour, others opt for purchasing pre-made taco bread. Using the bread alone allows you to create a flavorful, healthy, and inexpensive meal that will satisfy just about anyone.
When you’re ready to throw together your recipe, the first step is to choose your main ingredients. Since chicken requires some sort of fat, it’s essential you use oil to cook the meat. Some people opt for low-fat mayonnaise, but whatever you use, it should be oil-free. Another alternative is to use a light yogurt sauce. You can substitute it for your favorite yogurt topping, or you may even add it to the end of the recipe, if you wish. Print
Baked Chicken Tacos
Baked Chicken Tacos. are a healthy diet staple for a lot of people. It’s a quick and easy way to get a satisfying meal.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- 6 oz Cooked Chicken Breast, chopped or shredded (or your choice of filling)
- 6 Extra Thin Corn Tortillas, I used Mission
- 1/2 C (56g) Shredded Cheddar , or your choice of cheese
- Step1: Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Step2: Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp paper towel and microwave for 45-60 seconds, flipping halfway through. (This will make the tortillas easier to fold.)
- Step3: Add the chicken and peppers (or your choice of filling) to one half of each tortilla. Top with cheese before folding over. Gently press down to seal each taco. (If you notice any tearing in the tortillas, you need to microwave the tortillas for another 15-30 seconds.)
- Step4: Place a baking sheet or flat surface with a bit of weight on top of the tacos to press them down. This prevents the tacos from opening during baking and helps the cheese fully seal the tacos so they stick together after baking.
- Step5: Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown. Be careful not to burn. (If you’re having trouble getting them crisp, remove the second baking sheet towards the end of cooking since the tacos will be sealed by then. And using a baking sheet instead of a wire rack on the bottom will take a bit longer.)
Source Recipe : https://masonfit.com/baked-chicken-tacos/
Keywords: Baked Chicken Tacos
Once you’ve got your ingredients ready, you can start assembling your taco. The key here is to ensure there is plenty of coverage. If you cook the chicken in one layer, it will lack flavor. Baked Chicken Tacos. When you spread the chicken out on the tortilla, the healthy fats will soak up the flavorful vegetables and meats underneath. Another idea is to place leftover taco meat, such as tenderloin, on top.
While you’re preparing the recipe, it’s also important to ensure you have all of the necessary ingredients. These include: fresh and dried tomatoes, mild onions, and mild cilantro. These ingredients provide your chicken taco with a great deal of flavor and make it a healthy recipe that’s both delicious and good for you. Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to throw your chicken into the marinade.
A very simple recipe for this Mexican delicacy uses lime juice, red chili powder, adobo, and black pepper. To make it easier, you can use the entire spice blend. Add all of these things to a medium bowl and stir until combined. Now all you have to do is throw the entire mixture into your marinade, along with your cooked chicken, and let the salsa mix soak into your food for up to an hour. This will allow the flavors to infuse your Baked Chicken Tacos.