Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe. Is so delicious and so easy to prepare at home. Simple coconut milk curry chicken recipe is the best choice for your family and is very easy to prepare at your kitchen. If you are looking for a delicious and healthy recipe, then this recipe is perfect for you. The whole family will love this recipe, especially if you include your children in the recipe. This recipe is a lot easier than other recipe and is very much affordable.
You can make this recipe in various ways, starting from the preparation of the coconut meat through to the preparation of the spices. To give a different taste to this recipe, you can add various spices, depending upon your taste. To make this recipe, all you need to do is to add some coconut oil to the meat and then fry them on the stove till the meat is done. Once the meat is cooked, you can then add all the ingredients and blend them together.
This recipe is very popular with the different kind of people who are in search of the same kind of food. If you have been looking forward to eating a coconut, then now is the time to try this recipe. You must know that it has more health benefits than any other chicken recipe and is rich in protein, calcium, fiber, minerals and vitamins. Print
Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe. Is so delicious and so easy to prepare at home. Simple coconut milk curry chicken recipe is the best choice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tbsp coconut-oil separated
- 1 can full-fat coconut-milk NOT lite
- 1–2 tbsp brown-sugar
- ¼ cup cilantro and/or basil diced
- Serve over/with: cooked basmati rice and naan bread with additional lime wedges
- 3 tbsp red-curry-paste (I use Thai Kitchen; reduce or increase as desired for spice levels)
- 2 tsp ground-coriander
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Optional: chopped peanuts or cashews
- 1 lb boneless-skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp yellow-curry-powder
- fine sea-salt and freshly cracked pepper
- ½ medium yellow-onion
- 1 tbsp lime-juice
- 2 tsp fish-sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 large red-bell-pepper
- Step1: Begin with prepping ingredients: mince the garlic, mince the ginger and dice the onion. Then peel ginger using a vegetable peeler or spoon then finely mince it.
- Step2: Thinly slice the red bell pepper in long vertical strips then cut these bits in horizontally.
- Step3: Heat 2 tbsp coconut-oil in a large-deep skille- over medium-high-heat. Then add the onion & saute for 3-5minutes, or till onions are starting to receive golden.
- Step4: Add the ginger and garlic. Stir to coat everything with all the oil. Reduce the heat to low then add the red curry paste, curry powder and coriander. Stir frequently for 2-3minutes, or till fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Step5: Return the heat to medium-high. Then add the remaining 1 tbsp coconut-oil & red pepper. Stir for a few minutes then add the bite-sized parts of chicken.
- Step6: Sprinkle on pepper and salt to taste (I add 1 tsp fine sea salt and ½ tsp pepper). Cook, stirring frequently about 4-5minutes, or till the chicken is browned on each side, but not cooked .
- Step7: Pour in the brown sugar, coconut-milk and lime juice (to taste, I begin with only 1 tbsp). Stir till chicken is cooked through (juices run clear & it’s cooked to 165°F) and curry is a little thickened. If desired, stir in the fish sauce.
- Step8: Serve over rice with/or naan bread. Garnish dishes with basil, cilantro, or crushed cashews/peanuts. Serve extra lime wedges from both sides if desired.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, then you are able to eliminate 1-2 tbsp of the sauce into a small-bowl & (using a fork) dip in 1 tbsp cornstarch until smooth. Whisk the mixture into the curry.
Source Recipe : https://countsofthenetherworld.com/coconut-curry-chicken/
Keywords: Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe. You can also eat this dish as a starter meal, and if you have enough of chicken left over, you can serve this with rice. There are several websites on the Internet that will help you in the preparation of this dish. There are many recipes available in the market, but it depends upon your personal taste and your ability to prepare the coconut meat. You can even buy coconut pieces from the market and slice them to create a smooth paste out of the paste. You can add these to the curry paste, add some lime juice, turmeric, onion, garam masala and ginger and mix well. This mixture is then boiled and serves as an appetizer.
Coconut is available in different colors, hence, you can also choose any color of coconut that matches the dish you are going to serve. It is very easy to cook and there are very less chances of the chicken getting raw, which would make the dish very messy. This recipe is easy to serve to family members, friends and relatives and can be served for lunch or dinner.
You can even prepare this delicious coconut recipe at your workplace by serving it to your officemates and colleagues and they will surely love this delicious meal. For the children, you can also make the recipe and they can serve it to their friends and relatives, since they will enjoy having something healthy, tasty and nutritious to eat during lunch. The secret is not only in the preparation of the coconut, but also in the ingredients that are used in the recipe.