Crock pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe. Making easy to throw together meals is how I live my life! This Crock Pot chicken Alfredo Casserole is perfect for any time of day or night. If you want easy to throw together meals that are healthy and taste great, this is one you should definitely try.
This delicious Crock Pot chicken Alfredo Casserole is made with leftover rotisserie Chicken that you have prepared. If you want leftover other great recipe ideas you should try this easy one.
This simple crock pot chicken Alfredo casserole recipe makes a great meal and is easy to prepare. It’s healthy too!
In this Crock Pot chicken alfredo recipe I suggest using a frozen packet of Alfredo sauce. Alfredo sauce comes in either a pasteurized or liquid form. If you are not fond of garlic but love seafood, you may want to consider using a homemade version of garlic bread or in a pinch of seasonings. This Alfredo casserole makes a delicious and easy meal that will leave your family and friends asking you where you learned to cook. Print
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe. Making easy to throw together meals is how I live my life!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
- 16 oz penne uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- (2) 15 oz Jars of Alfredo sauce (I really like Bertoli brand)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Step1: In a mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, water, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Step2: Stir in the uncooked penne pasta until evenly coated.
- Step3: Spray a 6 quart crock pot with non stick spray.
- Step4: Place half the penne and alfredo mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Step5: Place half the chicken on top.
- Step6: Top with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and an 1/8 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Step7: Layer the remaining penne mixture, then the remaining chicken, another cup of mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan cheese.
- Step8: Place the lid on top and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Step9: Remove the lid and top with another cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Step10: After it melts. Sprinkle with some parsley (optional) and serve.
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
Crock pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe. Start the cooking by stirring together a half of a cup of water, a quarter teaspoon of salt, and two cups of penne pasta. You can use whatever kind of noodles you prefer. Drain the pasta and place it in the Crock Pot. Once the pasta is fully drained place it in the cooker along with the anorexia inducing Alfredo sauce and any other ingredients you want to augment.
After thirty minutes or so, remove the lid of the crock pot chicken alfredo casserole and add a half of a cup of sour cream to it. Stir it until it becomes a smooth spread. Let it set for another ten minutes. At this point you can add the rest of the ingredients listed in the recipe. Just keep in mind that you will need leftover rotisserie chicken recipes to go with this one. You will also need enough pasta so that you have something to munch on as you serve the Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole.
At the end you will want to add in any other items you want to be able to enhance the flavor of the dish. I suggest that you use leftover penne pasta and grate about two teaspoons of parmesan cheese over it so that it is nice and cheesy. This is how you can create a really like a traditional Italian meal right in your own home.