Crock Pot Turkey Breast. A delicious, moist, and boneless turkey breast is easily prepared for small holiday dinners, right in the slow cooker. Using a savory rub to coat the turkey instantly adds an extra kick of flavor to the meat, without the need for any marinades. Using high heat gives the turkey breast a great color and flavor. The slow and low cooking method allows the natural protein to slowly cook without getting too dry. Boneless turkey breasts are also healthier than most other types of traditional baked meats, as they contain significantly less fat.
Use fresh herbs and spices to make your Crock Pot Turkey Breast recipe even tastier. Garlic, onion, and salt are all excellent choices. Season the pieces with salt according to your taste or choose a variety of herbs and spices to create your own special flavors.
In addition to adding seasonings, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika all make great additions to cooking this type of chicken. Lemon juice is often added to improve the taste and texture of the finished dish.
You will not believe how easy it is to make a delicious Crock Pot turkey breast using this very healthy cooker. Cooking the breasts on the low setting of your crock pot allows them to cook thoroughly and seal in that amazing flavor. It only takes about 7 hours to cook an entire half breast, but you can always cook extra one if needed. Leftover turkey breasts can also be used to serve as an easy dinner meal for thanksgiving. Print
Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Crock Pot Turkey Breast. A delicious, moist, and boneless turkey breast is easily prepared for small holiday dinners.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 packet onion soup seasoning mix
- 1 (5-7 lbs) boneless turkey breast
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Step1: Unwrap turkey breast, making sure to leave the netting on the turkey, and place into a slow cooker. I use a 6-qt crock pot.
- Step2: Sprinkle salt and pepper over the turkey and rub it in. In a mixing bowl combine cranberry sauce, onion seasoning mix, and orange juice. Pour over the turkey.
- Step3: Cook on LOW heat for 5-7 hours. Internal temperature needs to be at least 165 degrees. Mine cooked for 6 hours.
- Step4: Take turkey breast out of the crock pot and place onto the serving plate. Cover with tin foil to keep it hot. Skim the fat pieces from the crock pot. Pour the remaining liquid from the crockpot into a medium saucepan.
- Step5: Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Bring the sauce from the slow cooker to a boil. Once boiling add the cornstarch mixture and stir with a whisk until it’s thickened. You may have to turn the heat down while doing this to prevent it from boiling too much and burning. It should only take between 1-2 minutes for it to thicken.
- Step6: Pour some of the gravy over the turkey breast and serve. I pour the extra sauce into a jar and set that out with the turkey so you can serve additional gravy with the turkey servings.
Source Recipe : https://togetherasfamily.com/turkey-recipe/
Keywords: Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Crock Pot Turkey Breast. With this crock pot turkey breast recipe, you can feel confident that you are following a recipe that has been tried and true for generations. The reason this recipe works so well is that you use a slow cooker to slow cook the ingredients to perfection. By cooking at a low temperature for hours, the ingredients cook very gradually. This results in a tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken. Even though it may take several meals to perfect this recipe, once you have mastered the process you will be able to make this dish at any time of the week.
Before you start your cooking adventure, it’s important to make sure that your crock pot is at room temperature. In order to avoid burning, turn the crock pot on the low setting. In addition, make sure all the ingredients are in a room temperature. If you find the butter is still a little cold, place a few drops of water in the pot and bring it to room temperature before turning on to heat. Using this method will result in a delicious, home-cooked, moist, juicy, and flavorful turkey breast.
When cooking a turkey breast, remember that you are not looking for a traditional Thanksgiving turkey breast. This is a milder cut of meat and cooks quickly. Start with a nice fat and salt mixture to help enhance the flavor. Season to taste with a bit of pepper and then enjoy! You will find that crock pot cooking offers a healthy, home cooked meal that will leave you coming back for more!