Easy Peasy Parmesan Chicken in the Crockpot. is a great healthy food recipe to make. You can also use it as a dinner idea, and if you are feeling the pounds a little, this is the perfect answer for you. This dish is something that I have made many times, and when I make it, I always include some fresh spinach, as well as some baby Parmesan cheese. If you are worried about adding too much cheese to your meal, you can just use about 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, or if you are a little more conservative, use real parmesan cheese.
First, you need to get all of your ingredients ready. You will want to gather your vegetables, cut up your mushrooms if you have them, along with your chopped parmesan cheese, and of course your chicken if you are making this as a chicken dish.
You will also want to have prepared your cooking sauce. You can use a store bought barbecue sauce if you like, or you can make your own. The sauce you use depends entirely on what you like.
Once you have gathered your ingredients, you are going to need to cook your vegetables. If you are using fresh mushrooms, you should drain them and set them aside until they are very fresh. If you are using frozen mushrooms, drain them and set them aside until you are ready to use them. Drain your other ingredients and add them to your crockpot. Now it’s time to start cooking your beautiful sauce! Print
Easy Peasy Parmesan Chicken in the Crockpot
Easy Peasy Parmesan Chicken in the Crockpot. is a great healthy food recipe to make. You can also use it as a dinner idea .
- Prep Time: 60 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 9 hours
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Jarred spaghetti sauce I used home canned but use your favorite
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
- Chicken I use thawed boneless skinless breast tenders In a quantity that your family will eat I use about six because we like leftovers but there are only two of us.
- Mozzarella grated
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese I use the green can.
- Step1: (Use tongs to handle the chicken if you don’t want too much mess.). In a large baggie or pie plate, combine the parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs
- Step2: Dredge the chicken a few pieces at a time in this mixture. I used a baggie and just turned the bag all around to coat
- Step3: Place the coated chicken pieces in the crockpot
- Step4: Dump on the jarred spaghetti sauce (large jar) (you can dump sauce on each layer of chicken if you are using a few layers of chicken)
- Step5: Cook on LOW -8-10 hours in your crockpot (covered) (no mozzarella yet; you add that when it is fully cooked). After you arrive home, go ahead and top with grated/shredded mozzarella. Place the lid back on. Start some pasta water. We like to serve penne pasta with our Parmesan Chicken. By the time your pasta is done cooking, the cheese will be melted and you will be ready to eat!
Keywords: Easy Peasy Parmesan Chicken in the Crockpot
Start cooking your sauce over medium heat. Use your fork to stir the sauce until it’s melted. You will want to cook your sauce until it is hot, but not burning hot. Once your sauce is hot, you can pour it over your whole chicken, but first make sure it is coated in the cooking oil. This will prevent your sauce from sticking to your food. Give your cooked chicken a few more minutes to cook before removing it from the crockpot.
Easy Peasy Parmesan Chicken in the Crockpot. Once your delicious and easy peasy Parmesan Chicken has been removed from your crockpot, it is time to serve. I recommend serving your chicken with a baked tortilla and a side of vegetables. This is the easiest way to prepare this dish, and it is healthy too! You may find that this delicious dish is so much fun that you will be making it often from now on.
There are hundreds of ways you can prepare your chicken Parmesan. Your imagination is the limit when it comes to creating your own delicious sauce. I would suggest preparing your chicken in its delicious sauce as often as possible. The longer you let your chicken marinates the better it will become. If you try this method, you will love easy peasy Parmesan Chicken in the crockpot so much you might start making it all the time!