Garlicky Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry. It’s a well known fact that you can have both of the main dishes here and enjoy a nice healthy and filling stir fry with some of the best tasting chicken and green beans. If you’re looking for a great vegetarian option, this is definitely one of the best and it’s easy to prepare so you shouldn’t miss out.
It’s really easy to make this dish as both of the main ingredients are mixed in with the green beans and chicken. One thing that you will need to remember is that you don’t cook the vegetables too long, otherwise they start to lose their colour, so if you’re going to cook them for longer than about half an hour then you may want to cook the vegetables in a little bit of oil. The vegetables used here are mixed with basil and lime juice and a little bit of soy sauce. It’s really good to add a little salt to the mix as well, as you want the chicken to have a nice tangy flavour, but also make sure not to overload the chicken.
If you add too much oil then the flavour of the chicken may be lost. For the green beans, the most important ingredient is basil. You can use any kind of herb you like, but the main ones used are basil, onion, garlic and cilantro. They all go well together, as do the chicken thighs. Print
Garlicky Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry
Garlicky Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry. It’s a well known fact that you can have both of the main dishes here.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: Asian, Asian American, Asian style
- 1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
- 1 cup steamed green beans in a bag See notes below
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 tbsp garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder (add more for taste)
- 1 1/4 cup sweet chili Sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil plus 2 tbsp or more as needed
- Step1: In a large bowl add the diced chicken and a tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic powder and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and rub it into the chicken. Add cornstarch. Mix until all pieces of chicken is coated in the cornstarch.
- Step2: In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil until glistening. Working in small batches, add the chicken. Do not overcrowd the pan. You’ll have to turn often so the chicken can cook evenly. If the pan seems dry, add more oil as needed. Once the chicken is done, put it to the side and cook the second batch until crispy or until your desired texture.
- Step3: Add the bell peppers and saute until soft or your until you get your desired tenderness. Next, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the chicken, green beans, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red peppers to the skillet. Stir until combined and the chicken and green beans are coated in the chili sauce. Serve immediately over rice.
- Use either fresh, frozen, a bag of steamed green beans or canned green beans to make this. If using fresh, make sure to trim the ends.
- Use you favorite store brand sweet chili sauce or use my Thai Sweet Chili Recipe
- If you are using fresh green beans, they will take longer to cook down if they aren’t sautéed first. Check out how to properly cook the green beans here.
- Use room temperature chicken. Clean the chicken (this is debatable but it’s up to you) and pat the chicken down with paper towels. Please don’t cook the chicken until you pat it dry.
- I suggest you use chicken thighs to make this because their packed with juicy flavor and they don’t dry out at high temperatures.
- To achieve crispy chicken, make sure you turn the chicken as it cooks every so often, until the chicken is golden brown.
- If using canned green beans, add them a few minutes before the stir fry is done (cook until warmed through)
- For frozen green beans, let them thaw first and gently pat down with paper towels before you add them to the stir fry. Cook the green beans until heated through.
- A bag of steamed frozen green beans should either be microwaved inside its bag or let it thaw inside the bag. Remove them from the bag and gently pat dry with paper towel. Add the green beans after you add the sweet chili sauce and cook the beans until heated through.
- I like to cook the bell peppers until it’s they’re soft but feel free to cook until your desired tenderness.
- If you don’t like green beans ditch it and replace it with your favorite vegetables.
Keywords: Garlicky Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry
Once you’ve mixed up the vegetables and basil, you need to make sure that you cover the chicken with some aluminium foil or a lid. Garlicky Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry. The reason why you want to do this is that there’s not enough room to cook the chicken properly. If you leave it out, the smell from the onions and garlic will go into the food.
Once the chicken is covered then you simply slice it into thin strips and place them onto the rice paper. Then you add some garlic, basil leaves, and the onions and garlic slices onto the rice paper. Make sure that you mix everything together well and cook over low heat until the onions begin to pop.
When the onions are almost done, then you add in your rice and mix it all up, and serve up a tasty yet healthy dish, full of flavor and vegetables. You won’t regret a thing when you try out a recipe for Garlicky Sweet Thai Chili Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry.