Honey Soy Chicken Thighs. The original recipe for chicken thighs is made with the addition of soy sauce and honey. I have changed the recipe to be gluten free and soy free. For this recipe, you will need a blender, olive oil, onion, garlic, honey, garlic powder, Rosemary, sea salt, pepper, Cayenne pepper, and basil. Put all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and then mix together until thoroughly combined. Pour into a sealable plastic bag and store for up to two days.
In a blender or food processor combine garlic, onion, Rosemary, basil, pepper, Cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Rinse and drain all the extra fat from the chicken. Place it in a sealable plastic bag and store for up to two days. On the third day, remove the marinade from the bag, add a couple drops of your favorite herb or spice, mix until combined, and pour into a serving dish.
For the fourth day, add one tablespoon of raw honey to the mixture and serve. On the fifth day, remove the marinade and enjoy! You may even consider making some delicious and healthy rice and dipping the chicken into it. Or you could serve the chicken thighs and rice with a side salad. Print
Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
Honey Soy Chicken Thighs. The original recipe for chicken thighs is made with the addition of soy sauce and honey.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs organic skin & boneless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger chopped
- Step1: In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, ginger, honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Step2: Rinse and trim off all of the fat from the chicken, then place it in the bowl with the marinade.
- Step3: Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Step4: Marinade chicken for at least 1 hour. Place chicken thighs and marinade in cast iron or baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thru, make sure to flip the chicken few times, that way the chicken will be juicy & tender without dry top. After flip the chicken on the other side and broil on high for 5 minutes or until beautiful roasted color.
- Step5: Garnish with chopped parsley, serve with rice or mashed potato, and make sure to pour the sauce over the chicken when serving.
Source Recipe : https://www.munchkintime.com/honey-soy-chicken-thighs-recipe/
Keywords: Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
For those who do not have an olive oil griddle to cook on, this recipe for homemade chicken thighs is great on the stove top, but if you have the time, it is also wonderful served on the grill or under the broiler. Honey Soy Chicken Thighs. When using a griddle, remember to cook the thighs until they are almost completely cooked through, but not completely black. This way you can use more of the chicken and less of the blackening agent in the marinade, leaving it a nice golden brown.
For those who like to eat their vegetables, it is very easy to make up a salad by adding some raw honey on top of a handful of lettuce and a bit of cucumber. If you want to avoid the vegetable trimmings, just skip the salad dressing and instead use a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, celery seeds, olives, or fresh herbs.
The last and final step is to serve the chicken thighs and rice with a fresh salad of romaine lettuce, a couple pieces of tomato slices, or cucumbers and a sprinkling of parsley. This is an excellent and tasty meal that is full of fiber, protein, and good fats.