Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce. Is a perfect summer meal to bring for a dinner party. It makes a great side dish for your main dish, and it is very healthy. This dish is also very easy to make and it takes only about an hour of preparation time.
Start by preparing all the other ingredients, such as seasonings. Seasoning both sides of each chicken is the most important step. Do this by seasoning both sides using salsa fresca, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cilantro, onion powder, and cumin powder. Mix together all these seasonings and season the inside of each chicken with the same mixture. Put the chicken into a greased baking pan and cook on low heat for about an hour. When done, remove from oven and place in a refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with chips, tortilla chips, or nachos.
After baking the chicken in the refrigerator, you are ready to start preparing the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, melt some butter over low heat. Stir in three tablespoons of flour until the mixture resembles the consistency of oatmeal. Add the milk and stir to combine.
Pour in the cheese sauce and bring to a boil. Then turn off the heat and let simmer until sauce thickens and curds form. You can make your own cream by blending a half cup of cream cheese and one half cup of whipping cream. Using a hand mixer, beat the cream and then add it to the cheese sauce to make your own creamy and rich cream cheese sauce. Print
Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce
Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce. Is a perfect summer meal to bring for a dinner party. It makes a great side dish for your main dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Chicken Recipe
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded, do not use the bags!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Step1: In a medium sized sauce pot, melt your butter over medium heat.
- Step2: Whisk in your flour and cook until it begins to just bubble around the edges.
- Step3: Add in the milk, slowly, whisking to combine as you go.
- Step4: Continue to whisk until your mix as heated through.
- Step5: You’ll want to check the temp (I use my finger). You want it to be hot enough to melt the cheese, but not boiling.
- Step6: When the mix is hot, start whisking in your cheese in small amounts at a time until all of the cheese has been mixed in.
- Step7: Once the cheese is melted, stir in your paprika and cayenne pepper. Season with salt if needed. Serve hot over the chicken.
- Step1: Mix together your seasonings and season both sides of the chicken breasts well.
- Step2: Heat a grill pan over medium to high heat, and grill your chicken until done. (int temp 165 deg f).
- Step3: Set aside.
- This dish is great on top of plain rice or alone. However, it is best served with our Perfect Mexican Rice.
- This cheese sauce is also very good as a cheese dip for your chips!
Keywords: Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce
When the sauce is smooth and creamy, you can now assemble your chicken on a serving platter and drizzle some cheese sauce over the chicken. Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce. Add either black beans or corn to make this a complete Mexican meal. Serve this over pasta, rice, or quesadillas.
If you are feeling creative, you can even make up a tasty sauce out of the leftover cheese sauce that will be delicious with some salsa and sour cream. If you are not too adventurous, just use canned cream cheese sauce from the store and you’re all set to go.
Of course, if you are using the chicken breasts, do make sure that they are well cleaned and cooked before putting them into the sauce. The reason for this is that some chicken breasts may have a slimy, dark red coating. This coating on the chicken may clog the blender and prevent the sauce from blending properly.
Once the sauce is mixed properly, you are ready to use the blender to puree the cheese sauce. Once blended, it is ready to pour into small containers or onto individual serving plates for your guests to enjoy.
These Mexican recipes for Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce are the perfect appetizer for any party. Be sure to have plenty of them handy and serve them up while you are waiting for the main attraction.