Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan. There is really just nothing better than Greek foods, especially homemade Greek baked chicken. Like most people I like to make my chicken marinates in olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, lemon juice, dill weed and basil leaves. And then to top it off, like the many other healthy Greek recipes I have read, I like to top it off with a few breadcrumbs.
To add that extra crispy crunch to the breaded chicken, like the many other healthier Greek recipes I have read, I usually use Panko crumbs for added crunch without having to deep fry it. Plus, this more healthy chicken Parmesan is just as delicious served over very simple whole grain pasta, with just a little marinara or other marinading sauce saved to cut the calories you would otherwise eat when going out for dinner.
For this dish, I usually serve the chicken Parmesan with a tossed salad or some mixed greens. But this salad could be made even healthier by using fresh spinach or kale as the dressing. And if you have any onions, celery, bell peppers or potatoes on hand, throw them in and make sure that the marinade doesn’t stick to the vegetables. Print
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan. There is really just nothing better than Greek foods, especially homemade Greek baked chicken.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian Food
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley optional, for garnish
- 2 chicken breasts About 1 pound of chicken total
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Step1: Line a baking sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. Adjust oven rack so that is in the second from the top space. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Step2: Cut the chicken breasts in half and pound to even thickness: Cut through the middle of the chicken breast as if you are going to butterfly it (cutting it open like a book), but cut all the way through to make two equal sized pieces.
- Step3: After cutting the chicken breasts in half, place them in a gallon sized zip top bag in an even layer, seal it, then pound them to an even thickness using a meat pounder or a rolling pin. You can also place the chicken breasts between two layers of cling wrap instead of a zip top bag if you prefer.
- Step4: Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- Step5: In one shallow dish, mix together panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
- Step6: In another shallow dish, whisk one egg.
- Step7: Dip one chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure chicken breast is fully coated in the crumb mixture, and gently press with your hand do help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Place chicken breast on prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Step8: Place baking sheet in oven on the second from the top rack. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Step9: Flip chicken, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken, then top with cheese. Place back in the oven. Turn on the broiler. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and edges of chicken are browning.
Source Recipe : https://www.foxandbriar.com/baked-chicken-parmesan-recipe/
Keywords: Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
Another way to enjoy the benefits of this healthy Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan is to simply top it with a little fresh ranch dressing or similar. You can also try adding some chopped fresh tomatoes or even a fresh basil sprig. And again, just a sprinkle of breadcrumbs on top will give you a delicious flavor without the calories. The key here is making sure the breadcrumbs don’t stick to the vegetables, but instead keep it moist. for an extra flavorful experience!
If you are looking for that authentic Italian flavor, then you may want to consider baking your own Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan at home. Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan. You will find a variety of great recipes for this from many different sources on the internet. It is also a very easy process if you are used to baking for yourself and don’t mind a bit of trial and error.
If you are not a fan of Parmesan, but love a good old-fashioned Italian breaded chicken dish, try making your own marinated chicken Parmesan in a sandwich form like you would a traditional sandwich. Or if you would like to serve it as a full meal, try a few slices on top of a fresh salad or a pizza.